Senior Motion Designer
Spinifex Group Hong Kong is actively seeking a talented Senior Motion Designer to join our unique, bright and enterprising team. We work in a non-conformed world, across a variety of projects and formats in a global market. Pushing our tools to the limit, we are constantly seeking better ways to expand our world-class reputation.
We are looking for someone who’s motion graphics skills are outstanding, and possess a strong design eye, with an intuitive sense of timing and excellent communication skills. You must be able to deliver more than just tricks, and compositing; we are looking for a bit of magic!!!!
You will be collaborating with a team including a Creative Directors and Motion and 3D Designers, encouraged to work unsupervised and contribute more than just movement to a project, you will have the ability to inject clever ideas.
We will expect an open mind and a willingness to soak up our unique culture, and in return you will be able to stamp your skill and talent on a variety of work.
You are a strong communicator and can direct other designers and operators around you; with a smart approach to your work you understand limits when required.
AFX is the heart of our motion department, where we can truly say we are experts with a passion for pushing the boundaries taking our skills to an international stage; this is a “hands on“ role all the way.
Editing and 3D knowledge and experience although not essential would be a welcome bonus.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a talented motion designer in an environment that rewards excellence; if this sounds like your perfect world we would love to meet you!
- To create and collaborate on the production of 2D motion graphics and 3D animation for the various requirements of the company.
- This includes design, creation of assets, bringing them to life, modeling, animation, editing, outputting and delivering high quality and innovative motion graphic content.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Collaborating with the Senior creatives in producing motion graphic and 3D content
- Where applicable, producing motion graphics and 3D content from concept to delivery
- Working on multiple projects concurrently, balancing time constraints whilst maintaining quality
- Understanding the production pipeline and keeping the deadlines
- Encoding, converting and editing videos and graphical sequences
- Keeping abreast of new technologies and techniques to deliver cutting edge work
- Understanding brands and producing work of a suitable style
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
Job Specific Skills and Attributes
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the industry.
- Strong animation experience and feeling for timing.
- Strong Adobe After Effects skills with demonstrable experience in motion graphics
- Strong Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Strong creative thinking, exhibiting a range or varied styles and techniques
- Ability to create high quality content from a constrained brief with short deadlines
- Good understanding of video formats, compression techniques and format requirements/constraints
- Experience with customized formats for projections and large screen content
- Fluent in English and Chinese.
- Good Autodesk Maya or C4D package skills, including modeling, texturing and animation
- Adobe Premiere skills
- Adobe Audition or similar skills
- An artistic background with extensive portfolio
- Experience with a variety of AE 3rd party motion graphic plugins (i.e Trapcode Suite)
- Experience in the event and exhibition industry
- Experience with interactive content creation and tools (Max MSP, Unity, CCC and processing) can be plus